Situational Team Leadership
An innovative and flexible approach to the complex team issues through a powerful five step approach.
Collaboration between agencies and within departments is a key challenge facing the public sector. The Ken Blanchard Companies not only recognizes a need for teaching people to work well together but also offers a solution. The Situational Team Leadership program is designed to help organizations establish successful, collaborative, and high-performing teams. The program provides a framework and processes for organizing teams that are based on effective communication. It helps to jump-start team effectiveness, build trust among team members, and promote collaboration.
- Improve productivity in current work teams
- Jump-start existing teams that are floundering as their projects fail to progress
- Create a corporate culture focused on participation, innovation, and creativity
- Use a variety of leadership behaviors to respond to the changing needs of
a developing team
- Understand that team dynamics, or the patterns of behavior that occur within a team, are key to diagnosing the team's stage of development
Additional modules can be selected to expand the concepts of the Situational Team Leadership program. These modules are based on team and organization needs. They can be added to expand the training sessions to two- and three-day designs or be utilized as a specific reinforcement and sustainability module.
- The modules are two to four hours in length
- Classroom training modules are used for open enrollment (for example, team leaders from different departments)
- Intervention modules are utilized for intact teams (leader and team members together)
Expanded Open-Enrollment Modules
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Team Meetings
- Virtual Teams
- Take It to the Team
- Leadout—An Experience in Leadership®
Intact Team Modules
- Intact Team Charter
- Teamwork Modules
- Building Trust for Great Teams
Program Delivery Options
Blanchard’s Situational Team Leadership program is available to individuals and organizations through a wide variety of delivery methods.
Open Enrollment Workshops
Training for Trainers (T4T)
Executive Development Curriculum Design
Books and Self-Facilitated Learning Programs
Sustainability describes the learning process and activities that need to occur before, during, and after training to ensure on-the-job application of new behaviors that are required to maximize the probability of achieving desired results. There is a vital link between learning and development, your agency issues and strategic goals, and accountability. It rests with having a sustainability strategy for turning learning into behavior.
Coaching to Support Learning
Communication Skills for Managers and Individual Contributors
The Ken Blanchard Companies has been awarded a contract under Schedule 874-4 and 874-5—Mission Oriented Business Integrated Services (MOBIS) by the General Services Administration (GSA), Contract Number: GS-02-F-0154U, MOBIS Training Services.