Improve Performance and Productivity
It happens to everyone. You try to give constructive feedback, but your comments are misconstrued and now someone is unhappy. Let’s face it—providing feedback in a way that enhances relationships does not occur naturally. To give effective feedback you need to develop some very specific communication skills.
Feedback is a critical element in coaching and developing others. In the Blanchard half-day Giving Feedback program you can learn to:
- Know when and how to give feedback
- Understand the differences between feedback that provides choice and feedback
- Provide feedback that enables others to take responsibility for their own development
- Encourage or discourage behaviors that improve performance
- Provide feedback across the four Situational Leadership® II styles
- Poor feedback skills that negatively impact relationships and performance and cause leaders to avoid using this essential development tool
- Enhanced ability to provide the people you lead with information that helps them take personal responsibility for observing, reflecting, and self-correcting
- Good relationships where people are open to hearing your feedback
- Increased competence, motivation, and confidence among employees resulting in improved performance
- Improved personal trust and respect among all people in the organization
- Better retention of key talent and higher levels of productivity
Program Delivery Options
The Giving Feedback Program can be purchased before any type of training with Blanchard, as an additional item within the training, or after the training as a stand-alone item to provide reinforcement and skill enhancement.
Purchase on Blanchard's Store
Sustainability describes the learning process and activities that need to occur before, during, and after training to ensure on-the-job application of new behaviors that are required to maximize the probability of achieving business results. There is a vital link between learning and development, your business issues and strategic goals, and accountability. It rests with having a sustainability strategy for turning learning into behavior.
Coaching to Support Learning
Communication Skills for Managers and Individual Contributors