Awards and Recognition
The Ken Blanchard Companies, and its founders Ken and Margie Blanchard, have been honored with a number of prestigious leadership and management training awards during the company's 30 year history.
Company and Program Awards
- TrainingIndustry.com includes Blanchard in its 2013 Top 20 Leadership Training Companies List
- Blanchard Ranked #1 Corporate Training Company in 2012 by
San Diego Business Journal
- San Diego Society for Human Resource Management—
2012 Workplace Excellence Medallion Winner
- The Ken Blanchard Companies Wins Silver in Best in Biz Awards 2012 Event of the Year
- Blanchard Named One of San Diego's 2012 Best Places to Work by the San Diego Business Journal
- ASTD names The Ken Blanchard Companies "Best in Show" expo booth award winner—Denver, 2012
- TrainingIndustry.com includes Blanchard in its 2012 Top 20
Leadership Training Companies List
- Ken Blanchard's One Minute Manager® named to Fast Company's Leadership Hall of Fame—the most influential business books of all time.
- Ken Blanchard named to the Fast Company Leadership Hall of Fame
- Blanchard named to TrainingIndustry.com’s 2011 list of Top 20 Leadership Training Companies
- 2010 Best of ELearning Award: Best Leadership Training Program—Award of Excellence
- TrainingIndustry.com includes Blanchard in its 2010 Top 20 Leadership Training Companies List
- 2009 Best of ELearning Award: Best Leadership Training Program—
Award of Excellence
- ISA—The Association of Learning Providers names The Ken Blanchard Companies the 2009 Business of the Year.
- Blanchard named to the 2009 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies.
- The Ken Blanchard Companies has been awarded Elearning! Magazine’s "Best of ELearning" Award in 2008 for excellence in the Leadership category.
- Retail giant Kohl's Corporation (NYSE:KSS) recognized The Ken Blanchard Companies as its Human Resources Partner of the Year during its 2007 HR Partner Conference.
- ELearning! Magazine Reader's Poll names Blanchard among hundreds of solutions providers to receive a "Best of ELearning! 2006" award in the "Best of Leadership Content" category. Blanchard was selected from a comprehensive poll of e-learning executives and professionals worldwide.
- San Diego Magazine, in strategic partnership with Employers Group, named The Ken Blanchard Companies as one of the best workplaces in San Diego for 2006.
- The Ken Blanchard Companies received an APX (Achieving Performance Excellence) Award in Leadership Skills Training from the readers of Training magazine.
- The Ken Blanchard Companies was awarded the Excellence in Community Service Award by the United Way of San Diego County.
- The Human Resource Executive magazine named Gung Ho! one of the top 10 products of the year.
- The Ken Blanchard Companies was a Crystal Winner in The Best Places to Work in San Diego Awards by the San Diego Society for Human Resources.
- The Blanchard product line The Leadership Bridge: Situational Leadership® II and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® received an honorable mention for best new product from Human Resource Executive magazine.
- The Leadership Training for Supervisors product line was named one of the top 10 products of the year by Human Resource Executive magazine.
Ken and Margie Blanchard
- Ken Blanchard voted as one of the World’s Top Leadership Professionals for 2011 and received the 30 Most Influential Leadership Gurus Award.
- Margie Blanchard received the YWCA’s 2008 TWIN (Tribute to Women and Industry) Award
- Ken Blanchard given Honorary Doctor of Laws (LLD) degree, in 2006, from Concordia University, Irvine, California.
- In 2005 Amazon.com honored Ken Blanchard as one of their top 25 bestselling authors of all time.
- Margie Blanchard was chosen Speaker of the Year by New Woman magazine and American Express.
- Ken Blanchard received the National Speakers Association’s highest honor, the Council of Peers Award of Excellence.
- Ken and Margie Blanchard were co-recipients of the Entrepreneur of the Year Award from Cornell University.
- Ken Blanchard was inducted into the Human Resource Development Hall of Fame and he received the Golden Gavel Award from Toastmasters International.
- The American Society of Training and Development awarded Ken Blanchard the Distinguished Contribution to Human Resource Development Award.
- Ken Blanchard was recognized as one of the Top 50 Living Gurus by the management consulting firm, Accenture.
- Ken Blanchard received the Thought Leadership Award from ISA, the Association of Learning Providers.